Sunday, October 21, 2012

Meals Past

What has been cooking at the Smith house lately you ask? Well, let me tell you. I got the idea today to start a blog solely dedicated to just that subject. Other people may or may not be interested in what I cook for dinner, but I would like to use the blog as a kind of "scrapbook" to remember all of the meals I try out, if nothing else! I want to post recipes and directions for the meals that are a hit.

You see, from the time I was able to "help" my mom with dinner the idea of cooking appealed to me. I loved to help her make the macaroni and cheese {Kraft, that is}, scalloped potatoes {out of a box}, canned vegetables with a little salt and pepper for seasoning, etc. The older I got the less I helped her in the kitchen, but the story does not stop there. I eventually grew up, went off to college, and met the man of my dreams. As the saying goes, "The way to a man's heart is through is stomach...!" Well, when I met Britt and we both moved out of the dorms and into apartments I started cooking for us. We would get a craving for something tasty and then look for a recipe to make. I would cook the recipe and Britt always went back for seconds; it never failed. My love for cooking grew, but did not peak in college. Once we graduated I actually stopped cooking yummy recipes. I lived in Auburn by myself and the only thing I cooked was baked chicken, squash, and green beans. Literally. Every single night. That could be why my waste line was a bit trimmer, too, ha!  After we got married I started making all kinds of recipes for us. I can thank Pinterest for a lot of the recipes I have tried! Now my love for cooking continues to grow. Stay tuned to see what's been for dinner recently!

Until then here are some pictures of meals past!

 Homemade Apple Blackberry Pie

Dressing for Thanksgiving

Green Bean Casserole

Sweet Potato Casserole

Homemade Mac and Cheese with Grilled Chicken and Asparagus

Stuffed Mushrooms

French Toast


Oven Baked Buffalo Chicken Bites

Cheesy Asparagus


 Jalapeno Bacon Wrapped Chicken, Oven Roasted Potatoes, and Asparagus

Banana Pancakes

Cadbury Mini Eggs Blondie Brownies {made from scratch}

Homemade Guacamole 

Mexican Casserole 

Oven Fried Pickles

Four Cheese Skillet Rigatoni


Sausage, Corn, and Potato Kabobs



Strawberry Trifle 


Stuffed Zucchini

Grilled Peach and Goat Cheese Salad

Sesame Bacon Wrapped Asparagus 

Banana Pudding

Homemade Fried Okra

Corn, Tomato, and Avocado Salad


Homemade Pimento Cheese

Rosemary Mac and Cheese 

Bacon Avocado Grilled Cheese and Grilled Potatoes

 Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes and Garlic Butter Oven Fries
 Made from scratch chocolate brownies

Orange Dream Bars

Buttermilk Fried Chicken


Homemade Red Velvet Cake

Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes

 Cheeseburger Pie

Mozzarella and Tomato Zucchini Boats 

Cajun Chicken Fettucini Alfredo

Fried Pork Chops and Fried Okra

Buffalo Chicken Casserole

 Mongolian Beef

Stuffed Bell Peppers

Chicken and Asparagus Penne Casserole

Hamburger Soup

Alice Springs Chicken and Cilantro Lime Grilled Sweet Potatoes

Crock Pot Lasagna 

Pumpkin Muffins


-jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment